Wednesday 12 June 2013

HOW FAR CAN YOU GO IN DRESSING FOR YOUR MAN.....???




Being young and coupled up, ladies tend to have a dual interest dose. One is flirting with first-meets and the other is being the center of Baby Boo’s heart. Alas but this is not about mushy attractions and puppy love.

As an unapologetic beautiful lady, I like to show off sometimes and for this reason I will dress up (no matter how I feel). You never know who you may run into anyway… That’s where ‘the boo’ comes in – he takes up the next significant opinion (first being my opinion) about what I am putting on. Of course it’s a special feeling as in super-cat-woman-powers when I knock him out of breath with my outfit. If u know what I mean ;-)…. It is in trying to recreate this truly desired buzz that I will purposely buy some clothes he will like.

The worry is will you change your style because of your man’s taste? Don’t go extreme on me with the whole wear-whatever-makes-you-feel-good sermon or don’t-define-your-life-around-a-man crap. Of course I can get as selfish as not to care what he prefers… but I love when he finds me super-attractive and shows me off. I don’t know how authentic but let’s have a look at the following scenarios:

       A.    My Man likes me looking old-fashioned
“My man is a wonderfully conservative guy; we aren't a year old yet. However he thinks I take adventures when I dress up, and he really doesn't like it. I think I am loud with what I wear but not mind-crazy. He cannot stand my short flared skirts, but I like showing my legs. He doesn't like my jewelry; he says they’ll pull out my lobes, but I love big jewelry. He also doesn't like that I wear make-up; he says I look prettier without it, but I feel plain silly without it. I thought I was supposed to make him happy by cutting down but am running mad – he has made rules for my fashion when we are to meet he’s friends and any member of his family. Is he high?”


            B.      My Darling Man thinks conservative is wacky
“My Darling is the crazy one, I am more conservative. I still expect him to one day open an ear hole or give me money for a tattoo somewhere – then I can make my conclusions. Even though I genuinely think he cares for me, he prefers when I show off my boobs (that I really struggle to tame under my clothes). He would rather I wear booty popping jeans, short and hugging dresses. I am not so comfortable about all that… “




      C.     My Charming Dear is indifferent about my fashion sense
“Le man is a pretty much laid back fellow with lots of jokes and sarcasm. I love his wit all the time, that’s why I said yes… I love to dress for him, but he doesn’t seem to notice. He can follow me shopping (sometimes) and says all sorts – funny, lame and even plain annoying – when I show off what I think of buying. I am able to take vengeance when I deliberately refuse to take his “genuine” fashion advice. It seems I just cannot impress him…”



Well ladies, will you buy stuff because “he” says so; tailor your wardrobe subconsciously to suit him; will you choose his fashion fancy or will u care less, as long as you look good?.....



17 comments:

  1. Did you also talk about yourself here. I just love this write up. Open air honesty that I've been in picture of.
    Never knew you could do this good. Keep doing it

    ReplyDelete
  2. You won't stop blowing my mind.."tailored smiles"..**wink..simply bespoke fashion @ crossword

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are so on point. Different men with different opinion. My ex didn't like me on my natural hair, but a lot of pple tell me I look finer in my natural hair dan al d weavon I fix.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We both agree on this.I feel silly without make up too.And am a man!

    P.S Am not gay.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fantastic read although as a man I think as long as you keep it simple & sexy, you stay #winning! FB

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely write-up and very true by the way. A part of me is always concerned bout what people think bout my outlook, especially the male folk (mine or not). If he's the fashion crazy type & I'm not, cool...crazy can still be sane. If he's conservative, who says conservative fashion can't pop? The best is if he's indifferent, this only gives you space to experiment, be yourself & shine which ever way you want to ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This write up is on point! I am a stylishly conversative person but we as ladies apart from dressing up to feel good we do it to impress the men folk as well. Some of the men are fashion forward men and know how to make their clothing work for them but in all of this please wear what makes you feel comfortable but also as a decent ensemble that would be appreciated.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Funny though I think my husband compliments me. He loves you looking hot so he can show you off=D and that is so so fine with me=D . I know the things that spin his brains which I wear and they are usually in line with my dressing. I can actually tell him to shop for me and I know there will be no issues:D.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very true write up. I think I'm in between. Sometimes I care about what my man thinks bcos at the end of the day I'd love to look attractive to him, but also he's a bit more conservative. Thinks I look good without makeup some times and my natural hair which I also feel plain in sometimes, so in situations like that I tend to follow my own fashion sense. But generally I guess as long as he loves seeing me in something, I'd love to wear more of that....

    ReplyDelete
  10. As a guy I actually don't like to have a girl I'm with show a lot of skin. It kind of makes me a little uncomfortable if a ton of guys are going to be constantly checking her out.

    I'd rather have a girl that dresses with class and doesn't have to resort to flamboyant outfits that reveal a lot.

    I think it's a lot more sexy as well.

    ReplyDelete
  11. my last girlfriend was really hot and had the most incredible body out of any girl ive ever dated. she was 100% my type, petite, thin, and really fresh looking....But she never wore any "hottie" clothing, i just thought it would have been better if she wore that kind of clothing because in my mind if you have it you should show it off, but it was still sexy just knowing what was under there heh heh..
    I think in general sexy clothing should be warn but guys shouldnt push their gf's to do so beyond "hey id like it if u wore so and so kind of clothing, would u?" just a simple question and leave it at that

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely piece, i think wearing what suits you and makes your man proud is exceptional. Keep the good work coming in.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Its a good one here CW n I think ladies shld always look good in d right outfit.What I mean by d right outfit is wear whatever u're comfortable n happy in,irrespective of what ur man thinks cos like u said u neva know who u run into.Personally my man likes me looking good n doesn't complain about anything I wear,rather I get compliments from him.Keep up d good work CW.

    ReplyDelete
  14. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is great coming from Cross Word.
    I have preferences about how my woman should dress, I like her to be comfortable (but not in a disgustingly slovenly way), I like her dress appropriately. In general, I prefer her dressing modestly but elegantly. I believe a lot of guys really don't know what their woman should wear, even when going out, every outing has got it's dress sense.
    Women often find it fun to express themselves through their clothing choices. It is sometimes fun for them to experience the different reactions they get depending upon what they are wearing. And many women dress to please the man they love. If it doesn't wound your sense of self, where's the harm? Sometimes, having your dress dictated by the man you love can be an interesting, challenging and enjoyable experience.

    But what of the women who try to dress to please men in general? If the things men have said are anything to go by, you're probably better off dressing to please yourself. That way, if a man finds your attire appealing, you will know that you are compatible in that way. At least, that is the conclusion I have come to for myself.

    Things I love telling my woman when she dress to impress me even if I don't like them most times I don't condemn her.:

    “You look sexy in jeans. You should wear jeans more often.”
    “Hey, you should always wear short skirts when we are at home or taking a shot walk!
    “I think you should go braless most times.” (Not in public, please!)
    “There's a lot to be said for a guy.” (When looking at a braless woman.)
    “Why don't you show a bit more cleavage?” (Are you sure it's only cleavage you want showing?!)
    “Wow, that high neckline really suits you. You should always wear that line.”
    “Wow! That dress is HOT! Why don't you dress like that more often?”. I love her most when she dresses sexy and hot. Is it a crime?

    ReplyDelete
  16. Nice read. Whether we like it or like it, we most times dress to impress that special someone. You want him to be proud to flaunt you and most importantly not distracted by some other gal. It always feels very good to hear your man compliment. I used to date a guy who would compliment me up to my nails; it sure felt really good such that when i started dating someone else who wldnt even make a comment i was upset. In all, i think its nice to take into consideration what your man likes and combine it with what suits you.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi there, just wanted to tell you, I liked this article. It was inspiring.
    Keep on posting!

    ReplyDelete