Thursday 24 October 2013

HOW DOES THE COMFY CHIC PULL THE “COMFY in STYLE” OFF ??!





Effortless and flawless style is every stylist’s pleasure and every woman’s dream. Finely dressed ladies, sculpted bodies, delicious and endless style trends that bombard us on TV, magazines and blogs dare us to imagine we should (and can) look really dope at all times. Alas, the fateful ‘nothing-to-do-gimme-a-break-lazy-day’ arrives, and putting on heels and sexy clothes to relax suddenly sounds out of place, especially if you are working and/or a mother.

For instance, I like to think of myself as a practical babe (I imagine ladies in heels and without a crack of a sweat under this hot Saharan sun think that they are practical too). When I know I won’t be chauffeur driven or I’ll be caught in a knack-about situation under the sun, I’ll wear the most casual things I have, at the risk of being uncomfortable. But is it me, or are sexy clothes actually uncomfortable? I have to say, I salute ladies who rock the sexiest heels and walk or ride a bus… (I hope u imagine what I’m trying to say). I once tried walking a quarter a mile in 5.2 inches heels and I almost tore my clothes in exasperation. LOL! Maybe I didn't feel I was moving as quickly as I should be, not to talk of the heel-inflicted pain and the almost-wobble. I cannot imagine trading my comfort for looking good anymore. I have the most practical clothes in the world. Maybe comfort should be left to street style and not to events??

The thing is, while comfort is essentially key in dressing up, from choosing fabric, to enjoying a proper fit/style, it seems almost imaginary combining glam and comfort. Nigerians love to play dress up, and we get caught up in the immense discomfort of a lacy dress that itches, or cute Jimmy Choos that give the worst corns or worse the make-up that runs in this heat and humid conditions. You know, there is always some event to attend in Nigeria, whether we are introverts or extroverts. Now when traditional wool, linen or cotton blouses and dresses become unbearable, what should a fashionable girl wear? Say we have to make an extra effort to look darn good (or picture perfect), must there be a pain/discomfort price?


How can we merge looking incredibly stylish and the ups-and-downs of moving around? 



Problem-solver-ladies, what are the most unique solutions to taking comfy and cozy along with chic and style?


No comments:

Post a Comment